Thai inspired ground beef with cucumber salad. Seared and marinated beef is served atop a crisp lettuce and cucumber bed in this salad bursting with fresh Thai flavors. Arrange the cucumber on top of the lettuce, and then pour the meat and sauce over. Top with the cherry tomatoes and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
Want to know how to make a delicious stir-fry or perfectly brown Ground Beef? Make the best Thai Beef Salad with Cucumber Dressing with this easy recipe. Find thousands of free, expert-tested, printable recipes on HowStuffWorks.com. You can cook Thai inspired ground beef with cucumber salad using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thai inspired ground beef with cucumber salad
- You need of Ground beef (in patty form or not).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of panko or tempura breading mix.
- You need 2 tbsp of Tom yum chilli paste.
- Prepare 2 tsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 3 of shallots, minced.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, smashed.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cilantro paste (Peruvian).
- It’s 2 tbsp of basil paste (Peruvian).
- Prepare 1 pound of ground beef.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil for frying.
- You need of Cucumber salad.
- You need 1 of garlic clove, smashed.
- It’s 2 of small chilli peppers.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need of Juice from 1 lemon.
- You need 2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 of large cucumber, sliced thinly.
- You need 1/2 of big red onion, minced.
- Prepare to taste of Sesame oil,.
- It’s to taste of Fresh mint, basil, cilantro,.
Add red bell pepper, mushrooms, green onions and garlic; cook. Tender, garlicky steak pairs perfectly with a spicy, Thai-inspired salad topped with peanuts. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine sugar vinegar mixture, cucumber, red onion and cilantro. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
Thai inspired ground beef with cucumber salad step by step
- Mix panko, Tom yum paste, soy sauce, fish sauce, cilantro paste, basil paste, shallots and garlic in a large bowl. Mix and let stand for 5 minutes..
- Add 1 pound of ground beef to bowl. Mix well. Form into patties for frying. (You can also choose to let the ground beef crumble instead of forming distinct patties). Recipe is enough for around 20 small patties. Cover with plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes..
- For the dressing, pound garlic, chilies and half the sugar with a mortar and pestle. Add the liquid ingredients and stir. Add dressing to sliced cucumbers and onion. Add sesame oil to taste and set aside..
- Work with a heavy pan over medium heat. Cook patties in oil until golden brown..
- Serve patties with cucumber salad. Spoon extra dressing over patties. Garnish with fresh cilantro, mint and basil..
From Taste of Thai – thank you! Use a nice butter lettuce for this – core the head & rinse the leaves well. When rice is golden, pour on plate to cool. This all-in-one salad meal of spicy ground beef with cucumber is very popular with my readers. I felt like a salad and happened to have some mint and cucumbers in the house.