Lexie’s Chicken Florentine.
You can have Lexie’s Chicken Florentine using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lexie’s Chicken Florentine
- You need 3-4 of boneless skinless chicken breasts; pounded even (1”-1 1/4” in thickness).
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of butter (or ghee if you have it).
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- You need 8 ounces of white mushrooms (sliced or quartered).
- You need 1 1/2-2 teaspoons of garlic (minced).
- You need 1 tablespoon of flour.
- It’s 1/3 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 3 cups of baby spinach leaves.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley.
Lexie’s Chicken Florentine step by step
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat in a large pan (cast iron skillet is best!). Season the chicken breasts to taste with salt and pepper..
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook on medium-medium high (6 or so on an electric stove) for 10 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through..
- Remove the chicken from the pan and cover with foil to keep warm. Add the mushrooms to the pan..
- Cook the mushrooms for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Remove the mushrooms from the pan. Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel..
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter and the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute more..
- Add the wine to the pan and bring to a simmer..
- Cook for 1 minute or until wine is reduced by half..
- Stir in the cream and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the sauce has reduced by about half and has started to thicken. Stir in the parmesan cheese. Season the sauce with salt and pepper..
- Add the spinach to the pan. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until spinach has wilted. Stir the mushrooms into the sauce..
- Place the chicken breasts back into the pan and spoon the sauce over the top of the chicken..
- Sprinkle with parsley, then serve as is, or over pasta 😋.