Soy sauce chicken🍗. Soy sauce chicken is a traditional Cantonese cuisine dish made of chicken cooked with soy sauce. It is considered as a siu mei dish in Hong Kong. Another Cantonese dish, white cut chicken, often served with soy sauce dip, is more savoured for the taste of the meat.
You'll find it near the poached chickens, roast ducks, and roast pork. All have their merits, but a Soy Sauce Chicken done right is tough to beat. Traditionally, soy sauce chicken is made by placing soy sauce, cooking wine, ginger and rock sugar into a large pot of brine. You can cook Soy sauce chicken🍗 using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Soy sauce chicken🍗
- Prepare 250 gr of chicken breat.
- It’s 1 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 table spoon of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 table spoon of white vinegar.
- Prepare 1 table spoon of sesame seeds.
- You need of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 table spoon of corn starch.
A whole chicken is added to the hot liquid, soaking up the salty flavors. In a restaurant, this method saves a lot of time and effort. Soy sauce chicken (See Yao Gai/Si Yau Kai / 豉油鸡) is a famous Cantonese cuisine. The key to success is to poach at a sub boiling temperature.
Soy sauce chicken🍗 step by step
- Add to dry pan sesame seed to roast.
- Add diced chicken breast to same pan and add oil and increase the high heat your pan.
- When the chicken breast fried (color change) add 1 table spoon white vinegar and lower to medium heat your pan.
- Add 2 table spoon of soy sauce to your pan and stir a little bit and add diced garlic.
- Add 1 table spoon corn starch and stir more with high heat..
- When soy sauce cover all chicken and steamed all water turn off the heat and add sesame seed. Serve hot ☺️.
As such, soy sauce chicken does stand out among other delicacies in the restaurant. Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Soy Sauce Chicken – A Chinatown ClassicThe Woks of Life. We make Chinese Soy Sauce Chicken for dinner! Join our family and subscribe! *Don't forget to click on that bell to be notified when we upload* ~Instagram.