Lauren's Beef Stew.
You can cook Lauren's Beef Stew using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lauren's Beef Stew
- You need 2 pounds of beef stew meat.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 3 of carrots cut into 2" chunks.
- You need 1 cup of frozen or canned peas.
- Prepare 4-5 of red potatoes chopped.
- Prepare 4 cups of beef broth (I use beef soup base).
- You need 1 (4 oz) of can tomato paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of prepared horseradish.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of marjoram.
- You need 1 tsp of all spice.
- You need 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of red wine (I use cupcake red velvet or red Merlot).
Lauren's Beef Stew instructions
- Season beef with salt and pepper..
- Add your flour to a ziploc baggie and coat your beef..
- Add the butter and canola oil to a pot on medium heat and brown the beef..
- Remove the beef. Now add the onion, carrots and garlic cook for 2-3 minutes until slightly caramelized..
- Now add your potatoes Along with the peas, broth, wine, paste, thyme, paprika, marjoram, all spice, horseradish and Worcestershire sauce..
- Add the beef back to the pot. Cover and cook for 1-2 hours. Remember to remove the bay leaf before serving!.