Chicken adobo. Chicken Adobo is a type of Filipino chicken stew. Chicken pieces are marinated in soy sauce and spices, pan-fried, and stewed until tender. The dish gained popularity because of its delicious taste.
Pour the adobo sauce into the pan. Boil until it reduces to half. Chicken Adobo – crazy delicious Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe made in one pot. You can cook Chicken adobo using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken adobo
- It’s 1 kg of chicken.
- It’s 1/3 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/3 cup of vinegar.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic (chopped).
- You need 1 tsp of peppercorns.
- It’s 3-5 pcs of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar (optional).
Chicken Abodo is a perfect dinner for the entire family. This tangy, sweet, salty chicken adobo recipe cuts down on the time-consuming process of peeling and slicing a ton of garlic cloves. I first became interested in chicken adobo when I saw a recipe for it using a slow cooker. After looking at a plethora of adobo recipes, I decided that I didn't even need a slow cooker.
Chicken adobo step by step
- Mix everything.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Simmer in low heat for 20 minutes, while turning chicken to cook evenly every 5 minutes. When sauce is almost dry. Turn off heat and serve with warm rice.
- (Optional) Can fry lightly fry the chicken before cooking with the marinate.
All the original flavors of Filipino Chicken Adobo you love in a fraction of the time. Chicken adobo is one of the many variations of the classic Filipino-style of cooking. Like its pork counterpart, this chicken version is made by braising the meat in a mixture of soy sauce, vinegar, and. Filipino chicken adobo simmered in soy sauce, vinegar, and spices until fragrant and tender. Google the word "adobo" and you'll end up with links to everything from chipotles to Mexican restaurants.