Chicken Porridge with Sauté Mushrooms.
You can have Chicken Porridge with Sauté Mushrooms using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Porridge with Sauté Mushrooms
- Prepare 2 cups of rice, cooked in the rice cooker with 3 cups water.
- You need 6 of chicken thighs (bone in).
- You need 12 cups of water.
- It’s 2 inches of ginger, pounded.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s of For the sauté mushrooms:.
- It’s 250 gr of mushrooms, roughly minced.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need of Garnish:.
- You need of fried wonton wrappers.
- Prepare of green onions, thinly sliced.
Chicken Porridge with Sauté Mushrooms step by step
- Directions for the sauté mushrooms: Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium high heat. Sauté minced garlic until fragrant..
- Add mushrooms. Cook until wilted..
- Season with oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt, and white pepper powder. Adjust to taste. Remove from the heat. Set aside..
- Directions for the porridge: Bring chicken thighs and water to a boil. Remove the chicken thigh and allow to cool. When chicken thighs are cool enough, shred the meat and remove the bones. Strain and set aside 10 cups of chicken broth..
- Put the rice in the blender with 1 cup water. Make rough purée rice (not too long so the rice won’t be too soft like baby food)..
- Boil chicken broth. Add rice purée, shredded chicken, and ginger. Bring it back to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook until rice starts to thicken, which may take 20-30 minutes..
- Season with salt and white pepper powder. Adjust to taste..
- Place the porridge in bowls. Garnish with sauté mushrooms, fried wonton wrappers, and green onions. Serve warm. Yum 😋.