Chicken in Marmalade “Chutney”. Chicken tandoori is simply chicken marinated in yogurt, citrus, and spices, then grilled or broiled. Serve with mango chutney and lime wedges. Temptingly delicious tandoori chicken is very popular Indian item because of its' blazing hot appearance and unique taste.
Some of those recipes he repeats often including odd flavoured chicken, with star anise and Szechwan pepper eaten cold and served on a bed of Chinese cabbage and sweet. Orange marmalade and freshly grated orange zest make a deliciously tangy sauce for quick-cooking chicken tenders. I used Mango Chutney instead of Orange Marmalade for this and it was fantistic! You can cook Chicken in Marmalade “Chutney” using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken in Marmalade “Chutney”
- You need 2 of chicken breasts, washed and patted dry, cut into strips (fajitas).
- It’s 3 tbsp of marmalade (we used a homemade grape marmalade, but pretty much any kind will work).
- It’s 1 tsp of Korean red chili paste (Gochujang).
- You need 2 tsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare to taste of salt & pepper.
- It’s as needed of oil.
Mango Chutney Chicken and Brie Roll-upsThe Dinner Mom. I love marmalade and the chutney and the cake. I love big chunks in marmalade but my wife hates it. Like them in mango chutney to but don`t eat Christmas cake.
Chicken in Marmalade “Chutney” instructions
- In a medium bowl, combine marmalade, red chili paste, vinegar, salt and pepper and whisk until you have a nice "chutney" style marinade. Place the chicken strips in it and let it rest in the refrigerator for 15 minutes..
- Heat up some oil in a pan over medium heat. Add chicken and the "chutney", cook covered for three minutes. Then remove the cover and keep cooking until done (some five more minutes for a total of eight)..
- Serve with your choice of side. We had some nice cous cous with pistacchio, so we used that. But rice works perfectly with this as well!.
- TIP: I would recommend using homemade marmalade for this, as it is usually runnier, but if you use storebought, water it down with 1-2 tsp water to make the marinade..
The chutney is all important in this dish. Any onion chutney is fine but our family favourite is Mrs Ball's onion chutney from South Africa. Place chicken and onion in an oven dish. Mix yoghurt, chutney, juice, salt and cornflour paste and pour over the chicken. Tandoori chicken is one of the most popular dishes in Indian cuisine.