Mediterranean Chicken Pitas. Reviews for: Photos of Mediterranean Chicken Pitas. Sauteed chicken stuffed pita pockets are flavor enriched with diced tomatoes, cucumbers, creamy dill yogurt sauce and crumbled feta cheese. Make chicken salad Mediterranean wtih the addition of Greek yogurt, green olives, and chickpeas, and serve in pita bread halves.
Doesn't this Mediterranean Pita Sandwich look delicious? Add the chicken breasts, and toss until well-combined. Spread each with hummus, then top with the lettuce and mint and squeeze the juice of half the lemon wedges. You can cook Mediterranean Chicken Pitas using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mediterranean Chicken Pitas
- You need 4 of medium plum tomatoes, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 of small sweet onion, sliced.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp. of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Sea salt and black pepper.
- It’s 2 1/2 C. of Cooked chicken, shredded.
- You need 3/4 C. of Fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 2 pieces of pita bread.
- Prepare 1 container of hummus.
- It’s 1/2 head of romaine lettuce, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 C. of Fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 of large lemon.
Source: Diabetes Superfoods Cookbook and Meal Planner/Diabetes Forecast. Verdi, MPH, RD & Stephanie A. Mediterranean flavors shine in these main-course sandwiches, packed with cumin-scented chicken Set out the pitas breads, chicken, mint, and hummus and invite everyone to assemble their own pitas. These lightened-up Mediterranean Chicken Pita Tacos make a great weeknight meal.
Mediterranean Chicken Pitas step by step
- In a large bowl toss together the tomato, onion, oil, and 1/4 tsp. Add the chicken and parsley and toss to combine..
- Split the pitas to make 4 rounds. Spread each with hummus then top with lettuce and mint and squeeze the juice of half the lemon on top..
- Spoon the chicken salad on top of the lettuce. Serve with the remaining lemon..
These Mediterranean diet chicken recipes are so good we insist you give 'em a go. Stuff it into a pita or add a generous dollop to a grain. mediterranean chicken pita bowls Entree Middle Eastern. forms the base for this light but satisfying Middle Eastern meal in a bowl filled with chicken, cabbage, feta cheese, hummus and a side of pita. Mediterranean chicken patties with cucumbers and spinach with a dill yogurt sauce in a pita pocket. Thinly sliced watermelon radishes and cucumber, crumbled feta cheese, torn fresh mint leaves and fresh sprouts for topping. Mediterranean Chopped-Chicken Pita. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.