Chicken Chimichangas. These Chicken Chimichangas are one of the ultimate comfort foods! Flour tortillas are layered with refried beans, seasoned shredded chicken and cheese. My family absolutely loves this easy Chicken Chimichangas recipe!
These Baked Chicken Chimichangas are a healthier twist on the classic chimichanga. You won't even miss these being fried in this oven-fried version! Here is a delicious recipe for a super crunchy cheesy chimichanga. You can cook Chicken Chimichangas using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Chimichangas
- It’s 2 lbs of shredded chicken breast cooked.
- You need 8 oz. of Cream cheese.
- You need 1 of medium onion diced.
- You need 1 can of sweet corn.
- Prepare 1 can of black beans.
- You need 8 of while wheat tortillas.
- You need 4 of large slices of white cheddar cheese.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter melted.
You can use store brand flour tortillas or for a tasty version, you can make tour own. Chicken Chimichangas that are baked and stuffed with chicken, rice, spices, cheese and more. Much like the burrito, the chimichanga is one of the tastiest Mexican foods you can find. Heat a pot over medium heat.
Chicken Chimichangas instructions
- Cook the onions in a large skillet with butter and garlic until transparent..
- Drain corn and beans and add to skillet. Add chicken, cream cheese, paprika, and cumin. Mix well..
- Roll into tortillas with half a slice of cheddar, place in a baking dish, brush with butter, broil four minutes on each side..
- Serve hot..
Add the chicken, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, salt, and pepper into the pot. Make these Tex-Mex Chicken Chimichangas for a dinner your whole family will love. Top with your favorite picante sauce, salsa or guacamole. These baked chicken chimichangas are healthier than the fried version, but yet still deliciously crispy from the oven! Chicken Chimichangas – A Family Feast®.