Beef 'n Cheddar burritos. Beefy, cheesy burritos are baked with salsa and more cheese for this hearty (and quick!) family-pleasing dinner. Cheddar & beef jerky burrito – Backpacking recipes. This variation on the traditional refried beans trail burrito gives it just that little extra.
See more Mexican recipes at Tesco Real Food. Wrapped in tortillas and grilled with melted Cheddar cheese, these easy-to-prepare burritos have a hearty, beef and bean filling. Come by and try the Beef 'n Cheddar or any of our other delicious recipes at your neighborhood's Arby's! You can have Beef 'n Cheddar burritos using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef 'n Cheddar burritos
- It’s 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 1/4 lbs of lean ground beef.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of hot paprika.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 package of ready-made flour tortillas (burrito-sized).
People said there was no way Arby's Beef 'n Cheddar sandwich could get even better. We took our famous roast beef, topped it with Cheddar cheese sauce and zesty Red Ranch and served it. A couple cups corn chips, preferably Fritos. Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high.
Beef 'n Cheddar burritos step by step
- Add a splash of veg oil to a medium pan on medium-high heat. Add the onions and fry for 1 minute until softened..
- Add the beef to the pan. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to break up the meat as it cooks and browns. Let fry for about 10 minutes until mostly cooked. Use a spoon to drain away any excess oil..
- Add the garlic, salt, pepper, sugar and spices and continue frying 5 minutes until the beef is fully cooked and starting to caramelize. Stir in the tomato paste and cook another 5 minutes. Stir in the water and let it come to a simmer. Take the pan off the heat and replace it with a large nonstick pan..
- Assemble the burritos by placing 2 tbsp cheese in a small horizontal line along the centre of the tortilla. On top of that put 2 tbsp of the meat filling. Fold up the tortilla at both ends then roll the burrito away from you until you have a nice big tube. Press down lightly on the burritos to flatten them a bit..
- Brush the burritos with a little veg oil and fry them in the nonstick pan for 1 minute on each side. Serve with your favourite toppings and sauces..
Spray the burritos with cooking spray; place in the skillet, seam. Beef up your next Tex-Mex night with our Beef Burritos recipe! This classic burrito recipe includes cumin, avocado, sour cream, salsa, cilantro, warm roast beef and shredded cheddar Jack cheese. Wrap filling into tortilla with your choice of cheddar cheese, sour cream, black olives, avocado, and/or salsa. Drizzle red sauce over the top and sprinkle with more grated cheddar.