Ayam Betutu (Chicken in Balinese spices). Betutu is an Indonesian-Balinese dish of steamed or roasted chicken or duck in rich bumbu betutu (betutu spice mix). This highly seasoned and spiced dish is a popular dish in Bali and Lombok, Indonesia. Betutu is the Balinese term for using a whole chicken marinated in rich aromatic spices and herbs and then steamed and/or grill.
Massage chicken with betutu spice mix. Season with salt and pepper and tamarind water. Wrap chicken completely with banana leaves or greased Put rice in pot with coconut milk, chicken stock, garlic, lemongrass, salam leaves, and bali leaves. You can cook Ayam Betutu (Chicken in Balinese spices) using 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ayam Betutu (Chicken in Balinese spices)
- You need 1/2 of free range chicken (rub with salt and lime for 30 min).
- You need of Blended spices.
- You need 1 of thumb of ginger.
- Prepare 1 of thumb of galangal.
- It’s of Small pcs of turmeric.
- Prepare 5 of candlenut.
- Prepare 3 pcs of lemongrass.
- Prepare 7 of shallots.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves.
- It’s of Oil.
- You need of Sugar.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Roughly chopped spices.
- Prepare 2 pcs of lemongrass.
- Prepare 5 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 3 of lime leaves.
- You need 3 of shallots.
- You need of Additional.
- Prepare of Banana leaves for cover.
- It’s of Aluminium foil.
Season with salt and stir well. Well known for its bustling night scene and beach clubs, is it any wonder that the Ayam Betutu, Balinese-style roasted chicken, is a dish excites the senses? The queen of this dish is the chicken -lovingly rubbed down with Base Gede, a spice paste made ofchili and a range of fragrant Southeast. Another spices recipes from Bali, Gods Island.
Ayam Betutu (Chicken in Balinese spices) instructions
- Blend all the blended spices.
- Heat a pan, sauteé the blended spice until fragrant. Afterwards, bring the roughly chopped spices in until it's cooked..
- Rinse the chicken well, place it on the banana leaves, then rub it with the cooked spices. Wrap in the leaves and let it cool in the fridge for minimum an hour (better overnight)..
- Next, wrap the banana leaves with aluminium foil and steam the chicken until it's tender (mine roughly 1 hour)..
This recipe was modified from my cookbook that I brought from Indonesia, Hidangan Ayam ala Resto by Sufi S. In that cookbook, I saw a recipe Bebek Betutu which Bebek means duck in bahasa Indonesia. I modified by using chicken instead. main dish Balinese Roasted Chicken Ayam Betutu, original, Indonesian, cooking recipe, step-by-step. Here's one of our family's favorite dishes: Ayam Bumbu Betutu.