Cheesy Beef and Hatch Chile Soup.
You can cook Cheesy Beef and Hatch Chile Soup using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Beef and Hatch Chile Soup
- You need 1 lb. of Ground beef.
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of Seasoned salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 tsp. of Chili powder.
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped (red or yellow).
- It’s 1 of large celery rib, chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 3 of medium hatch green chilies.
- Prepare 1/2 of lime, juiced.
- It’s 8 oz. of Cream cheese.
- Prepare 4 C. of Chicken broth.
- It’s 2 C. of Cheddar cheese, shredded.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Red pepper flakes (optional).
- Prepare of Topping:.
- You need of Sour cream.
- It’s of Shredded cheese.
- Prepare of Fresh cilantro.
Cheesy Beef and Hatch Chile Soup step by step
- Preheat oven to broil. Place peppers in a oven safe dish, drizzle with olive oil and salt and toss to coat. Broil 4-5 minutes until top has blackened and flip. Broil opposite side another 3-4 minutes. Remove to a bowl and cover with foil and let steam 10 minutes..
- Once peppers have cooled enough to handle remove skins and stem. Cut open and remove seeds and ribs. For a more spicy flavor leave seeds and ribs in..
- In a large pot over medium-high heat cook ground beef until browned. Season with seasoned salt,cumin and chili powder..
- Add lime juice, onions, garlic, celery and peppers. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes..
- Add cream cheese and stir well to melt. Add chicken broth, bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer oven medium-low for 10 minutes..
- Add shredded cheese and stir to combine. Add red pepper flakes if using..
- Serve immediately and top with sour cream, shredded cheese and cilantro. (Optional).