Karaage. Karaage (Japanese fried chicken) is easily one of the greatest fried chickens in the world. It's exceptionally flavorful, juicy and ultra crispy, and absolutely worth hanging out at the stove for! I love karaage, and make it often.
Japanese Karaage is usually seasoned with garlic and ginger along with soy sauce, coated lightly with flour, and deep fried. With karaage chicken by your side, you'll never want to eat takeaway chicken again. Karaage can often be found as an appetizer, on the menu of Japanese restaurants, or izakaya (tapas style restaurants), but it can also be found in bento boxes at the deli section of Japanese supermarkets. You can cook Karaage using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Karaage
- It’s 300 grams of Chicken breast.
- You need 2 tablespoon of Soy sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoon of Sake.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Ginger.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Garlic.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Vegetable oil.
- It’s of additional oil for deep frying.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of Wheat flour.
- You need 3 tablespoons of Starch(potato, corn, etc.).
Karaage is Japanese style fried chicken, what makes Karaage so special is the flavor they putting into the chicken while marinating. Very signature Japanese flavor and lightly dusted with potato or. Chicken karaage is the Japanese version of fried chicken that is insanely delicious- light, crisp, full of Preparation is similar to another crowd pleaser Japanese food- tempura. Karaage is easy to make at.
- 1. Cut chicken breast into large bite size pieces..
- 2. Put the chicken pieces in a bowl and cover them with soy, sake, oil, ginger and garlic. Mix well..
- 3. Let the chicken rest for 15-20 minutes..
- 4. In a frying pan, get some oil ready for deep frying. If you don’t mind turning the chickens around, no need to use excessive amount of oil..
- 5. On a plate, mix the flour and starch together..
- 6. Coat marinated chicken with flour and starch mixture..
- 7. Fry those chicken bits in medium high heat, 160-170 degrees Celsius, until they lightly brown(3 minutes or so)..
- 8. Get them out of the pan and let them rest for 3 minutes..
- 9. Turn the heat higher and cook them AGAIN for a minute or two in high heat(190 degrees Celsius)..
Karaage (唐揚げ or 空揚げ or から揚げ, [kaɾaaɡe]) meaning "Tang (Chinese) Fry" is a Japanese cooking technique in which various foods—most often. Oh wow, I made this karaage chicken for the first time tonight – it was amazing!!! Karaage or chicken karaage is a Japanese fried chicken dish. Karaage (唐揚げ) is Japanese fried chicken where small bite-sized pieces of chicken are marinated and then deep-fried to crispy perfection. Their deep-fried chicken karaage, where unlike other standard Japanese preparations, they cut the thigh meat into strips, spice it before.