Curried beef pitas with cucumber sauce. Line insides of pita pockets with spinach. Add roast beef, tomato and onion. Two sandwich halves may easily fit into your personal meal plan.
This cut comes from the inside of the rear leg and is very lean. It can be fabricated into steaks, which benefit from tenderization or marination, but is commonly roasted and sliced for Roast Beef. Another Dim Sum Recipe, "Curry Beef Triangles with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce 咖哩牛肉角" by youcancookgourmet.com with Joyce Ho. You can have Curried beef pitas with cucumber sauce using 17 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Curried beef pitas with cucumber sauce
- You need 1 cup of sour cream(not a fan of yogurt).
- It’s 1 cup of fine diced peeled cucumber.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh minced mint.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh chopped dill.
- It’s 2 of large garlic cloves pressed.
- Prepare of Justice of 1 lemon(or to taste).
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 lb of lean ground beef or lamb.
- It’s 1 of small onion fine diced.
- Prepare 1 of medium golden delicious apple fine chopped (wait to chop it before it goes in the beef mixture).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of raisins.
- It’s 2 tbsp of curry powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of cayenne (optional).
- You need 4 tbsp of butter.
- It’s Pack of pita, but I use the new half pita pockets.
Video shot by Colvin Jason Exconde. Combine cucumber and vinegar in a medium bowl; toss well. Make the Cucumber Yogurt recipe: Mix cucmbers and yogurt in a small bowl; set aside. Then, spoon a portion of the Cucumber Yogurt into each Indian Beef Patty Pocket.
Curried beef pitas with cucumber sauce instructions
- Mix the first 7 ingredient and set in the fridge so the flavors marry.
- Add the onion and ground beef to a skillet until the beef is cooked through. Add the apples, raisin, curry powder, brown sugar, 4 tbsp of butter and salt and cook until the apple are soft.
The cucumber-yogurt sauce is a hard-working multi-tasker, flavorful enough to be used for a dip with cut vegetables, or drizzled over baked chicken or fish. Try a Beef Shawarma Pita with Creamy Tahini Dipping Sauce. My boys love this sandwich and request it at least once a week! If you're looking for the perfect cucumber yogurt dip to accompany this try my Lebanese laban cucumber sauce. Roll up as tightly as you can without mushing up your sandwich, and wrap a piece of aluminum foil around bottom to catch any drips.