Easy Beef Bourguignon. Though this easy beef bourguignon looks and tastes impressive, it's so simple to put together! Everytime I made this easy beef Bourguignon recipe while living in Paris my neighbor would want to know what was making the whole apartment building smell so good. Hearty and rich this easy Beef Bourguignon is made in the slow cooker!
Simple Beef Bourguignon – Easy & delicious beef stew recipe. Ideal for freezing, cooking in the pressure cooker, slow cooker, Instant Pot or oven. Ian likes to call this a "celebratory meal" because it takes time, it's super rich, and it always impresses. You can have Easy Beef Bourguignon using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Beef Bourguignon
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 6 slices of bacon.
- You need 3 lbs of chuck beef.
- It’s 1 cup of red wine.
- Prepare 2 cups of beef broth.
- Prepare .5 cups of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 of beef boullion cube.
- It’s .25 cups of flour.
- It’s 2 of large carrots.
- You need 6-8 of pearl onions.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 3 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 1 lb of baby potatoes.
- Prepare 8 oz of baby bella mushrooms.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of salt.
- You need .5 tsp of pepper.
This easy Beef Bourguignon recipe is a melt-in-your-mouth, classic French stew made Easy Beef Bourguignon Recipe. Thanks to Julia Child and Ina Garten, this classic French beef stew is familiar. Homemade beef bourguignon is a labor of love, not a quick weeknight dinner. BUT, that doesn't mean it's hard.
Easy Beef Bourguignon instructions
- Chop your carrots into 2" pieces, wash your potatoes, peel those onions. Put all that shit in a bowl. Make your beef into chunks. Crush that boullion cube on a plate. Call the prep a day..
- Set your instant pot to saute mode, put your oil in, and cook your damn bacon. Once it's done, put it on a plate off to the side..
- Now, sear that sweet, sweet beef in the pot, brown it on all sides..
- Throw that red wine in the pot. Simmer it for, like, 5 minutes or something. Add your beef broth, tomato sauce, and boullion cube. Gradually add and whisk in the flour..
- Stir in your damn bacon, carrots, onions, garlic, thyme, potatoes, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cover that shit and set to pressure cook for 45 minutes..
- Now's the hard part, boys, but we can do it. As soon as that fucker beeps, let it sit for 10 minutes. Don't touch it. Then vent it afterwards. Open that puppy up, and viola..
- Eat it on it's own, serve it over egg noodles, shit you're a grown man I don't care how you eat it, just enjoy the fruits of your labor, dude..
This easy recipe would make Julia Child proud. Diced beef is simmered in a mushroom and red wine sauce. Prepare the Beef Bourguignon Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Add onion mixture to beef; then add tomato paste, water, wine and mushrooms. Our easy beef bourguignon is a rich beef stew from Burgundy in France.