Chicken Tinola with a Twist. This recipe is a variation of a Filipino chicken soup dish called Chicken Tinola. It is usually served as the main dish paired with white rice. Hi guys, just wanna share with you my simple recipe of Chicken Tinola.
It involves cooking chicken pieces in ginger broth. It is a popular cold weather dish. I always feel warm and cozy every time I eat it. You can have Chicken Tinola with a Twist using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Tinola with a Twist
- It’s 3/4 kilograms of Chicken.
- You need 1 piece of Red Onion.
- It’s 4 cloves of Garlic.
- You need 2 1/2 inches of Ginger.
- Prepare 1 piece of Sayote.
- It’s 2 bunches of Pechay.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Patis (Fish Sauce).
- It’s 2 tablespoon of Canola Oil.
- It’s 1 liter of Water.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Ground Black Pepper.
This Filipino Chicken Soup is best enjoyed with fish sauce as dipping sauce, and a cup of warm white rice. You will not find anything like it from our neighboring Asian countries or even around the globe. I would say that next to Adobo, Tinola is the most favorite dish in every Filipino household commonly served for lunch or dinner…with rice of course. How amazing it is to be human.
Chicken Tinola with a Twist instructions
- PREPARE THE INGREDIENTS Peel the onion and slice thinly. Peel the garlic and chop finely. Peel the ginger (using a spoon or peeler) and slice thinly..
- Cut the sayote (chayote) lengthwise into 4 parts. Cut out the seed and discard it. Then cut again lengthwise into sticks. Peel and discard the skin. Then cut each stick diagonally into 3 pieces..
- Slice off the bottom of the pechay, about 1-inch from the base. Check each leaf for insects. If the leaf is too big, cut it in half vertically. Soak the leaves in salted water for 5 minutes, then rinse well under running water..
- Cut the chicken into pieces. Wash it under running water, drain excess water, and set aside..
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS Heat a large skillet or pot over medium heat and add the oil. Add the ginger slices and saute for about a minute. Add the red onion and stir fry for about a minute. Add the garlic and stir fry for about a minute, until soft..
- Add the chicken pieces. Mix and turn the chicken for about 1 1/2 minutes to coat the meat with oil. Season with fish sauce, a pinch of salt and ground black pepper. Mix well to distribute the seasoning. Cover with lid and cook for 5 minutes..
- Add the sayote sticks and mix. Cover again with lid and cook for another 5 minutes. Add about 1 liter of hot water and bring to boil. Once it boils, turn the heat to low. Cover with lid and simmer until the chicken and sayote are tender..
- Add the pechay leaves and soak it into the soup. Cover with lid and simmer for 2-4 minutes until the pechay leaves are tender but crisp. Lastly, give it a good stir and adjust the seasoning according to taste..
- Serve it hot in a bowl paired with steamed rice and a side of fish sauce with squeezed calamansi or lemon juice. Enjoy!.
The things we disregard, the things we hold dear, the things we remember. When my father ladled our portions of the soup, I reached out for my bowl with a certainty that only comes from the naivety of a child that THE liver was in mine. Tinola for many Pinoys is the classic chicken soup. It's a basic soup recipe with a chicken broth enhanced with ginger slices, making it easy to There is always a twist you can do to make dishes more flavorful, and in this instance, coconut water instead of plain water transforms the flavor profile of. Chicken tinola has a simple broth base of ginger, onion, and fish sauce.