Thai Basil Beef. Thai basil beef (aka pad graw prow). The dish I order almost every time I set foot in a Thai restaurant, and one of my favorite things to cook at home. While we've posted a recipe for Thai Basil Chicken in.
The key to this dish is using the freshest ingredients you can get your. Thai Basil: Fresh Thai basil absolutely makes this recipe, so I really recommend tracking some Description. This Thai Basil Beef Noodle Stir-Fry recipe is easy to make and tossed with the best. You can have Thai Basil Beef using 24 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai Basil Beef
- Prepare of Jasmine Lemongrass Rice:.
- Prepare 1 C. of Jasmine rice.
- You need 1 C. of Coconut milk.
- You need 1 C. of Water.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/4 C. of Fresh lemongrass.
- It’s of Thai Basil Beef:.
- You need 2 of Carrots, cut into matchsticks.
- It’s 4 of Baby bell peppers, sliced.
- Prepare 2 of Green onions, chopped.
- You need 1 Tbsp. of Fish sauce.
- You need 2 Tbsp. of Sesame oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of Honey.
- It’s 1 of Lime, juiced.
- It’s 1 of Lime, wedged.
- You need 4 of Garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of Fresh ginger, grated.
- You need 1 lb. of Ground hamburger.
- It’s 1/3 C. of & 2 Tbsp. soy sauce, divided.
- It’s 1/3 C. of Sweet thai chili sauce.
- It’s 2 C. of Fresh basil, chopped.
- You need of Toasted Sesame seeds for serving.
- You need of Chopped roasted peanuts for serving.
- You need of Butter leaf lettuce for serving.
Basil—using Thai holy basil (if you're lucky enough to find it) makes this spicy beef stir-fry worthy of the name "phat ka-phrao" which means "holy basil stir-fry". My version of Thai Beef Basil I usually get from take-out. If you can find Thai Basil and Thai Chilies that would be great. Otherwise, I've used regular basil and serrano or jalapeno chilies instead.
Thai Basil Beef instructions
- To make the rice add coconut milk and water to medium size pot. Bring to a low boil and then add the rice, Sesame oil, and lemongrass. Stir to combine and then place lid on the pot and turn down the heat to low. After w0 minutes take the rice off the heat and then let sit, covered for 15-20 minutes. Do not open lid during this time..
- After 15-20 minutes remove lid and fluff with a fork and stir in chopped peanuts if desired..
- While the rice is cooking make the beef mixture. Add the carrots, peppers, hot red pepper, green onions, fish sauce, honey, lime juice and 2 Tbsp Soy sauce to a medium bowl. Combine and set aside..
- Heat a large heavy bottomed skillet or wok. Add the oil and once hot add the garlic and ginger. Cook 15-30 seconds and then add the beef..
- Add pepper and cook until browned. And 1/3 C. Soy sauce, 1/3 C. Sweet Thai Chili Sauce, and 1 C. fresh Basil..
- Bring to a simmer and cook 3-5 min. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 1C. fresh Basil..
- Place butter leaves on plates and top with rice and then beef. Add thepepper and carrots mixture. Garnish with chopped peanuts, fresh Basil and Sesame seeds if desired. Enjoy!.
- Place butter leaves on plates and top with rice and then beef. Add the pepper and carrots mixture. Garnish with chopped peanuts, fresh Basil and Sesame seeds if desired. Enjoy!.
Slice beef and Thai purple basil combine for a very quick but super-flavorful stir-fry. Holy basil, though, is difficult to come by in the United States; Thai purple basil, on the other hand, is not. A quick, easy and tasty Thai style beef with plenty of fresh basil! Thai Basil Beef Stir Fry (or chicken) is a traditional Thai dish made with meat, Thai holy basil, garlic, Thai chili peppers, soy sauce, and sugar. Some versions also use oyster sauce.