Instant pot beef barley soup. Reviews for: Photos of Instant Pot® Beef And Barley Soup. I made this soup today in a Crock-Pot Express and the meat and barley were a bit over cooked. Other than the consistency being a bit too mushy, it was very tasty.
PS – Up until recently, I've always used diced potatoes in my beef barley soup but the shredded potatoes is a little trick I picked up from The Food Charlatan and it's seriously the best thing in this soup! You don't want too big of chunks since this is a soup and you'll want to fit more on each spoonful than one hunk of meat. Next you'll use the saute function on your Instant Pot (or a large pot over medium-high heat). You can have Instant pot beef barley soup using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Instant pot beef barley soup
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 lbs of cubed beef stew meat.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1 cup of diced white onion.
- You need 1 cup of celery sliced.
- It’s 2 cups of sliced carrots.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 2 (32 oz) of cartons beef broth.
- You need 1 (14 oz) of can petite diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of soy sauce.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 packet of beef gravy mix.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder(I use turmeric twist).
- It’s 2 teaspoons of fresh rosemary minced.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme minced.
- You need 3 Tablespoons of fresh parsley minced.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped kale (I use frozen).
- It’s 2 cups of quick cooking barley.
The Instant Pot Ace Blender became an instant hit for its ability to cook as well as achieve high-speed blending, and fans have been clamoring for trustworthy recipes. Pressure Cooker Beef and Barley Soup. So, how many of you got an Instant Pot for Christmas?? I am still trying to figure mine out but what I have concluded is— the Instant Pot is not A few other great soups you may like are Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup, Hearty Beef Stew, and Easy Taco Soup.
Instant pot beef barley soup instructions
- On the Saute setting heat olive oil and butter till hot and add beef, salt, pepper and garlic powder and mix up..
- Add in onion, carrots, celery and minced garlic and continue to cook till beef is browned..
- Add in broth, tomatoes, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, packet of gravy mix, turmeric, rosemary,thyme and parsley..
- Stir up and place lid on move knob to seal..
- Press meat / stew for 35 minutes normal high-pressure..
- After 35 minutes turn knob to vent to release steam be careful as it will be really hot..
- Make sure button is down before opening lid..
- Stir in barley and kale and place lid back on and let sit for 10 minutes..
- Enjoy with some baguette bread slices..
Helpful tips cooking Instant Pot Beef Barley Soup recipe. This Healthy Beef Barley Soup Recipe a delicious, cozy dinner. Made with only a few simple ingredients in either your instant pot, crockpot or stove top. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my policy and more about.