Tuscan Beef stew on mashed potatoes. While stew is cooking, bring potatoes to a boil in a large pot of salted water. Beef simmers slowly with tomatoes, red wine, cannellini beans and Italian seasoning to make a mouthwatering, Mediterranean-inspired stew. I loved the beans in this stew for a change from the potatoes.
Remove and use a potato masher. Season the beef stew with salt and pepper, pour into a bowl and garnish with the mashed potatoes on top. Looking for a healthier and more flavorful take on the classic mashed potatoes? You can have Tuscan Beef stew on mashed potatoes using 13 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tuscan Beef stew on mashed potatoes
- You need 1 lb of stew beef.
- Prepare 1 of large carrot diced.
- You need 1 of large celery stalk diced.
- It’s 1 of onion diced.
- Prepare 4 of minced clove garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 3 cup of beef broth.
- You need 2 tablespoon of balsamic.
- You need 1 cup of diced tomato.
- It’s 1 can of cannelini beans.
- Prepare 2 sprig of rosemary.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s of Mashed potatoes.
Try using a good olive oil and a Tuscan herb paste for flavoring. Sign up for the Honest Cooking Newsletter. This One-Pot Beef Stew makes big flavors with little mess. It's a comforting, delicious meal any day of the week.
Tuscan Beef stew on mashed potatoes instructions
- Spray Dutch oven with oil and brown beef but not cooked entirely. Remove and set aside. Cook onion, celery, carrot until done and add garlic for one minute. Add tomato paste and cook one minute. Deglaze pan with balsamic. Add broth and tomatoes and scrape bottom of pan. Add everything else except beans and simmer covered for 40 minutes. Uncover, add beans and simmer 30 more minutes. Serve over potatoes..
Tuscan beef stew (peposo), a stew made by the tilemakers of Florence's famous Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral Duomo, is a simple stew of beef braised in wine, with loads of peppercorns and a head of garlic cloves. Easy Beef Stew with Mashed Potatoes. Garlic and Herb Crusted Sirloin Tip Roast. Add in the potato chunks and cover the pot until the potatoes are tender. Drain the potatoes and mash them with butter, milk, salt and pepper.