Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa. How to Make Jerk Chicken with Pineapple Black Bean Salsa – Step by Step Photos. Begin by cooking the rice because you'll be able to prepare a While the rice is cooking, prepare the pineapple black bean salsa. The jerk chicken sits on top of the most delicious coconut rice.
This awesome platter of tasty food is a zesty twist on the classic Jerk chicken. Aussie YouTube channel Bondi Harvest's Guy and DJ BBQ get ready to party. [Homemade] Jamaican Jerk Chicken w/ Black Beans and Pineapple Salsa. Keto Vegetariano Fagioli Neri Ricette Per Una Cena Salutare. You can have Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa
- Prepare 4 cups of cooked rice.
- You need of Black Bean Pineapple Salsa.
- You need 2 cups of pineapple tidbits.
- You need 1 (15 oz.) of can black beans, well rinsed.
- You need 1/3 cup of finely diced red onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of coarsely chopped cilantro.
- You need 1 of lime.
- Prepare 1 pinch of crushed red pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt, or to taste.
- Prepare of Jerk Chicken.
- It’s 2 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2/3 lb. each).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of jerk seasoning.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 2 Cloves of Garlic.
- It’s 2 of Sweet Peppers, halved.
RECIPE: https://reciperunner.com/jerk-chicken-bowls-with-pineapple…/ Get the recipe for Jerk Chicken With Rice, Black Beans, and. Stir the beans into the rice. In a medium bowl, combine the pineapple and scallions. A quick and easy Fiery Jerk Chicken & Pineapple Salsa recipe, from our authentic Jamaican cuisine collection.
Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa instructions
- Begin cooking your rice first..
- While the rice is cooking, prepare the pineapple black bean salsa. Coarsely chop the pineapple tidbits into smaller pieces, similar in size to the black beans. Place the chopped pineapple, rinsed black beans, diced red onion, and chopped cilantro in a large bowl..
- Squeeze the juice of half the lime (about 1 Tbsp) over the ingredients in the bowl. Also add 1/4 tsp salt and a pinch of red pepper flakes (optional). Stir the ingredients together, give it a taste, and add more salt or lime juice if needed. Any unused lime will be cut into wedges for squeezing over the chicken before serving..
- Next, prepare the jerk chicken. Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel. Place a piece of plastic wrap over the chicken to eliminate splatter, then gently pound the chicken breasts into an even thickness using either a rolling pin or a mallet. Sprinkle the jerk seasoning over both sides of the chicken and use your hands to rub it into the surface, making sure they're completely coated..
- Add the cooking oil to a large skillet, or preheat your grill. Once hot, add the chicken and garlic, and cook until well browned on both sides, and the chicken is completely cooked through (about 7 minutes each side). Add the sweet peppers after the first flip so it can pair the juices and turn half way through second side. It should no longer be pink in the center and the juices should run clear..
- For extra safety, use an instant ready meat thermometer and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF..
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a clean cutting board and let it rest for five minutes. After five minutes, slice the chicken into 1/2-wide strips..
- To serve, place about a cup of cooked rice on a plate, or in your meal prep container, top with about a cup of the pineapple black bean salsa, and a few strips of the jerk chicken. Slice the remaining lime into wedges and squeeze fresh juice over the chicken just before eating..
- Serve and enjoy!.
Find brilliant recipe ideas and cooking tips Served with the essential base of coconut rice & peas, which aren't actually peas, but kidney beans. A pineapple, chilli and spring onion salsa brings. What really makes this Jerk Chicken Bowl pop is all the other tropical flavors mixed in. The coconut rice and beans along with the Mango Pineapple Salsa! I guarantee this is a winner and you can even make the chicken and or salsa ahead of time to shave off some cooking time right before dinner.