Beef Stew. Beef Stew calls for simple ingredients, but it's a stunner! With meltingly tender beef, you'll love the deep flavour of the sauce in this beef stew recipe. Economical and hearty, there's no better way to.
Thick, hearty, classic beef stew recipes. Get ideas for the slow cooker or stovetop, with tips and Thick beef stew good eaten from a bowl or poured over biscuits. Choose from slow-cooked beef casseroles, stroganoffs or beef bourguignon for a winning family Warm up with one of our comforting beef stew recipes. You can cook Beef Stew using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Stew
- You need 1.5 lb of beef chuck, chopped into cubes.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fresh ground pepper.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of pinot noir.
- You need 5 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 4 of carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 4 stalks of celery, chopped.
- It’s 1 of large potato, peeled and chopped.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried rosemary.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried parsley.
- It’s 1 tsp of basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of celery seed.
- It’s 1 tsp of Worcester sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 2 tbsp of water.
There's no rule that beef stew needs a thickening agent. In fact, many recipes skip it, not just ours. 😉As the soup simmers, the potatoes give off plenty of starch, creating some of the most velvety. These beef stew recipes are filled with vegetables, spices, and other ingredients with tons of flavor to ensure you and your crowd won't be hungry after dinnertime. So snuggle up—beef stew is for dinner.
Beef Stew step by step
- Combine flour, powdered garlic, salt and pepper in a gallon plastic bag and shake vigorously. Add cubed beef and toss to coat..
- Heat olive oil in a large pot, then add onions and beef. Cook until browned..
- Deglaze pot with red wine. After all the brown bits are scraped off the bottom, stir in all the other ingredients except the cornstarch and water. Simmer on low heat for 1 hour..
- Create a slurry with cornstarch and water. Add slowly to pot and thicken to desired consistency. Salt and pepper to taste..
This Beef Stew is easy to make and full of comforting flavors. I make it year-round for the entire The most important thing for beef stew is to buy the right cut, and it's surprising that cuts that start out. The beef stew of my dreams starts with large tender, juicy chunks of beef coated in a sauce that is rich and intense but not heavy or muddy (and that sauce had better be clean and glistening). Try Donal's Irish beef stew or Mary's rich beef stew with mushrooms. The only question left is, dumplings or There's no nicer way to use up cheaper cuts of beef than in a warm, comforting stew.